Thursday, June 18, 2009

Embarking on an experiment..

Hello readers. This blog is an attempt to help me better myself by reading the classics that helped shape our modern world. And I hope apply their lessons to a modern context. While I am initially going to focus on works written during the Age of Enlightenment, I do reserve the right to explore other important works from other time periods. Don't be surprised if I read the Torah, Bible or Koran at some point. I will try to use Wikibooks as my source material so any readers who want to read along with me can keep up without having to rack up late fees at the library or buy copies at a great personal expense.

My first project is The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith. This is considered one of the first major explorations into the field of economics and to be honest is something I was surprised I was not required to read in college with all the economics classes I took.

No comments: